Prep and cook time: 20 min. Servings: 4 (1 c. salad with ¼ c. dressing)
- ¾ c. fat-free buttermilk
- ¼ c. fat-free, gluten-free mayonnaise
- ¼ c. chives, minced
- ¼ c. flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 t. salt
- 1⁄8 t. ground pepper
- 2 small red potatoes
- 1 bunch of asparagus, tough ends snapped or cut off
- 4 c. mixed salad greens
- 4 radishes, cut into coins
- ¾ c. beets, cooked (or canned), cut into thin slices or wedges
- 1 3-oz. can light tuna in
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and cut into 4 wedges
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a 6-quart saucepan. Add a pinch of salt and the potatoes, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 min. With a slotted spoon, lift the potatoes out of the water and set aside. Add the asparagus to the water and cook until bright green, about 3 min. Remove and set aside.
- Toss the greens with half of the dressing. Divide onto four plates.
- Cut the potatoes into slices and toss with one tablespoon of dressing.
- Decoratively arrange the potatoes, asparagus, radishes and beets on the greens. Drizzle each plate with an equal amount of the remaining dressing.
- Divide tuna into four equal portions.
- Top each salad with one portion of tuna and one egg wedge.
Per serving: 162 calories (18 from fat), 2 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 7 g sugar,
13 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1½ vegetable, 2 protein.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these grains in any form (flour, bread, stuffing, bran germ, malt, starch, etc.).
All exchange values are approximate.
When an optional or additional ingredient
is offered, exchange values
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!