Questions About Membership and Meetings
(Last reviewed December 20, 2021)
May I transfer to online meetings during the pandemic?
Yes! As of April 1, 2021, all members have the option to join our Virtual Chapter meetings on Zoom up to three times weekly. Members can choose whether or not to share their video. Learn more about transferring from in-person to online meetings at no charge, or email email@example.com. Members may transfer back to their home chapter when meetings resume or it’s safe to attend again.
- Monday evenings: 8:00 p.m. Central
- Tuesday midday: 1:00 p.m. Central (Repeat of content covered on Mondays)
- Thursday evenings: 6:30 p.m. Central
- All meetings are listed in Central time. Please use www.timeanddate.com to check the times in your area.
- The Program portion of recent Virtual Chapter meetings can be found in our Video Library for members. For privacy, Check In and Discussion are not recorded.
Are we allowed to meet as a chapter?
Yes, under certain circumstances.
How do I renew my membership so I don't miss my TOPS News?
Members may renew their memberships online during this time or mail in the renewal directly to Headquarters. TOPS no longer requires chapter checks for renewals. Personal checks and credit cards are accepted in US and Canadian funds. If you do not have your renewal form, you may use a TOPS membership application, available in the Members Area under Forms. Please remember to include sales taxes as outlined on the Membership Application or Renewal form. If you are unsure of the proper tax, you may want to consult your Treasurer or Leader.
Please note that mailing lists for TOPS News are sent to the U.S. Postal Service four weeks in advance of the mailing date as required by postal regulations. This means that if your membership is not active in mid-November, you will likely miss the January/February issue. In this case, back issues are available for purchase in the TOPS Store.
What is TOPS doing to support members during this time?
TOPS has provided a number of resources here on our COVID-19 updates page to help chapters and members stay connected and meet safely.
For additional support, please follow our Facebook page and/or sign up for our email newsletters with wellness tips and pertinent resources. In the meantime, we recommend that you weigh yourself regularly at home to stay accountable and keep in touch with fellow members via mail, phone, email or social media. See more ideas for staying connected.
Will TOPS require COVID-19 vaccinations or waivers to attend chapter meetings or events?
No. There are many reasons why a member may not be able or inclined to get a vaccine.
- TOPS will not mandate vaccinations or require a signed waiver to attend a meeting.
- TOPS does not condone the practice of asking members if they have been vaccinated.
- TOPS expects its members to comply with local guidelines and laws at their meetings and events.
- TOPS expects members to respect rules and requests made by the venues where they meet.
- Some venues may require attendees to be vaccinated or provide a negative COVID-19 test as a condition of entry. If your meeting place requests this of your chapter, please immediately reach out to your Coordinator for guidance.
Personal responsibility is the key to dealing with any sickness. Covering coughs and washing hands frequently have always been important. Staying home to avoid exposing others is recommended if you have a temperature or any respiratory or gastric distress. These basic practices should always apply whether we are experiencing a pandemic or not.