Prep and cook time: 30 min. Servings: 2
- 2 3-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 t. olive oil
- 1 med. lemon, halved
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 small (about 4 oz.) potato, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 med. carrots, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 med. onion, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 med. (about 6 oz.) tomato, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 3 c. shredded kale
- 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 400ºF. Put a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Dry the chicken well with paper towels. When the pan is very hot, drizzle in the olive oil and add the chicken, halved lemons, oregano, potato, carrots and onion to the pan. Let them cook for about 4 min. on the stovetop, and then put the pan into the oven.
- When the chicken is cooked, about 4 more min., remove it and the lemons from the pan and let the meat rest. Add the tomato, kale and feta to the pan. Stir and return the pan to the oven for another 10 min., until the vegetables are cooked through. Serve the chicken over the vegetables and squeeze the juice from
the roasted lemons over the top.
Per serving: 358 calories (97 from fat), 13 g total fat (5 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 541 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrates, 10 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 31 g protein.
Exchanges: 2 starch,
½ fruit, 3 vegetable, 4½ protein, 3 fat, 1 other carbs.
For simplicity’s sake, count
other carbohydrates (other carbs) as starches.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these grains in any form (flour, bread, stuffing, bran germ, malt, starch, etc.).
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!