Do you have a problem with any of these conditions for meeting?
- Chapters & members must comply with all legal orders in their jurisdiction.
- Chapters and members must respect the wishes of their meeting place.
- Chapters may not ask the vaccination status of members or visitors unless proof of vaccination is required under A or B.
- Chapters may not ask members or visitors to sign a COVID waiver except as may be required under A or B.
- Chapters must notify the Coordinator of any changes of meeting day, time, location or format (including if chapter chooses to meet via phone or online.)
Meeting is allowed.
What if our Leader doesn't want to meet?
If another CHAPTER OFFICER is willing and able to lead the program and discussion, you may meet.
If no CHAPTER OFFICERS are available, a MEMBER may facilitate a meeting/program. Please let your COORDINATOR know that no CHAPTER OFFICERS were available.
What if our Weight Recorder can't serve?
The LEADER may appoint someone to fulfill these duties in the interim.
What if we don’t have enough members?
Any number of members at a regularly scheduled meeting is a quorum. (Rule 12.a.)
What if I need a weigh-in for KOPS?
If your Weight Recorder, Assistant, Leader or Co-Leader is able/willing, you may arrange an isolated weigh-in before or after a meeting or other mutually agreeable time. Leader may appoint additional Assistants if needed.
Find answers to more questions about KOPS here.
What if I need to renew my membership when my chapter isn’t meeting?
Members may return renewals directly to Headquarters. TOPS no longer requires chapter checks for renewals. Personal checks for renewals are accepted in US and Canadian funds.
What if I have other questions not answered here?
Please contact your COORDINATOR. You can find his or her contact information on the back cover of every issue of TOPS News membership magazine or by typing your ZIP or Postal Code on Find A Meeting.
Be sure to let your Coordinator know when your chapter begins meeting again!