- Try a drive-by celebration! Members can drive by another member’s house for a KOPS anniversary or other celebration with signs, balloons, cards, gifts or flowers. If needed, you can take turns leaving tokens of affection at the end of the driveway or at the front door while staying socially distant.
- Create a private Facebook group for your chapter and have everyone “meet” on Facebook during your regular meeting time for roll call, discussion and support. See Social Media Guidelines.
- Organize a discussion group in Facebook Messenger or a similar app that allows members to group chat and talk face-to-face using their device’s camera.
- Stay in touch with notes and cards. Fun, printable greeting cards are available in the Members Area of www.tops.org and for sale in the TOPS Store. Just sign in using your free account.
- Try meeting virtually with a free version of Zoom, Skype, Apple’s FaceTime, Google Meet, Facebook Messenger or similar service. When meeting virtually:
- Don’t force the “regular” meeting format: Skip the Secretary reports, etc.
- Encourage members to weigh themselves weekly and track progress in their Pound Bankbooks (available in the TOPS Store online). Ask them to report scale and non-scale victories.
- Have a program—but never just read aloud from a paper. Try picking member-suggested discussion topics from The Tip Jar activity (PDF).
- Be sure to let members talk about how they are handling “the new normal.”
- For additional support, be sure to:
We’re Here for You®
The appearance of any trade name in this material is not an endorsement or recommendation of that product.