- Try a drive-by celebration! Members can drive by another member’s house for a KOPS anniversary or other celebration with signs, balloons, cards, gifts or flowers. Take turns leaving tokens of affection at the end of the driveway or front door while staying socially distant.
- Create a private Facebook group for your chapter and have everyone “meet” on Facebook during your regular meeting time for roll call, discussion and support. See Social Media Guidelines.
- Organize a discussion group in the Facebook Messenger app, which allows members to group chat and talk face-to-face using their device’s camera.
- Stay in touch with notes and cards. Fun, printable greeting cards are available in the Members Area of www.tops.org. Just sign in using your free account.
- Try meeting virtually with a free version of Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting, Apple’s FaceTime, Google Meet, Facebook Messenger or another similar service. When meeting virtually:
- Don’t force the “regular” meeting format: Skip the Secretary reports, etc.
- Encourage members to weigh themselves weekly and track progress in their Pound Bankbooks (available in the Store on our website). Ask them to report scale and non-scale victories.
- Have a program—but never just read aloud from a paper. Try picking member-suggested discussion topics from The Tip Jar activity (PDF).
- Be sure to let members talk about how they are handling “the new normal.”
- Be sure to continue to check the TOPS Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages to connect with other members. We post motivational quotes, recipes, member success stories and more to better serve your needs, especially during this time.
We’re Here for You®
The appearance of any trade name in this material is not an endorsement or recommendation of that product.