Prep time: 15 min. Bake time: 10 min. Servings: 24 (1 cookie per person)
- ⅔ c. sugar
- ⅓ c. soy milk
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 med. egg
- 1 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1 c. rolled oats
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- ½ c. semisweet chocolate chips (reserve 2 T. chips for melting)
- ½ c. walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, soy milk, oil, vanilla extract and egg. Mix together until all ingredients are combined well.
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the sugar mixture. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Add in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop your batter by medium spoonfuls on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10–12 min. Cool cookies on baking sheet.
- Melt 2 T. chocolate chips and drizzle on cookies.
Per serving: 107 calories (43 from fat), 5 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 2 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
LOW-SODIUM recipes have 140 mg or fewer of sodium.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.