Prep time: 5 min. Cook time: 3 min. Servings: 1
- 1 mini naan bread (or whole-wheat pita)
- 1 T. prepared tomato sauce
- 6 small cherry tomatoes or 3 large cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 small mozzarella balls
- 2 to 4 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Toast naan bread in toaster for 1 to 2 minutes. Then spread tomato sauce on top of the naan.
- Tear mozzarella balls into small pieces before adding to the naan, along with the tomato halves.
- Tear or snip basil leaves into small pieces. Sprinkle on flatbread. Broil on high for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Per serving: 225 calories (46 from fat), 9 g total fat (4.5 g saturated fat), 0 g trans fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 6 g protein.
Exchanges: 1½ starch, 2 fat, 1 protein, ½ vegetable.
VEGETARIAN (MEAT FREE) recipes are prepared without any meat, poultry or seafood. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items. TOPS vegetarian recipes may contain animal products, including foods with animal fats, milk or eggs.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!