Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 5 min. Servings: 1 (1 taco plate)
Green Sauce ingredients
- 1 T. reduced-fat mayo
- ¼ t. honey
- 2 T. avocado
- Sprinkle of cilantro, finely-chopped*
- Squeeze of lime juice*
Taco Plate ingredients
- 6 med. precooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (41/50 count per pound)**
- ½ t. olive oil
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 c. green cabbage, raw and chopped
- ¼ c. small pineapple pieces, fresh
- ¼ c. chopped radish, raw
- In a bowl, whisk the mayo, honey, avocado, cilantro and lime juice together with a fork to create the green sauce. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add garlic.
- Once garlic is fragrant, add shrimp and cook for about four to five minutes.
- Mix cabbage in with green sauce, and then top with cooked shrimp, pineapple and chopped radish.
Nutrition Information (per taco plate)
Per serving: 236 calories (179 from fat), 15 g total fat (4 g saturated fat),
59 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 4 g sugar,
13 g protein.
Exchanges: 2½ fat, 3 free, 2 protein, 1 vegetable, ½ fruit.
* To stay on track, limit yourself to three free exchanges per day. Free exchanges listed with a * can be enjoyed over and above that limit.
** Can’t have shellfish? No problem! You can exchange the shrimp for 2 oz. of either cooked chicken or pork.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. A note that while gluten-free ingredients are listed in the recipes, not all packaged versions of these foods are gluten-free. If you are concerned about gluten, always check the label prior to purchasing.