Prep and bake time: 15 min.; 1 hr. to chill, 1 hr. Servings: 12 (¾ c. or one-twelfth of the recipe per person)
- 5 large eggs
- 1(15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1½ c. half-and-half
- 1½ c. low-fat milk
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. ground ginger
- 2 t. vanilla
- 8 c. white bread, cut into ½-in. pieces
- Combine and mix all ingredients except the bread in a large bowl.
- Lightly coat a 9 x 13 in. baking pan with cooking spray. Add the bread, and then pour the pumpkin mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Take baking dish out of the refrigerator, and gently stir and press the bread to absorb any of the extra mixture.
- Bake for 1 hr. Serve warm, but not hot.
Per serving: 212 calories (57 from fat), 6 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g sugar, 7 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 ½ starch, 1 fat, 1 other carbs
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
For simplicity’s sake, count other carbohydrates (other carbs) as starches.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto the Members Area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!