Prep and cook time: 45 min. Servings: 8 (¾ c.)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in half with leaves and core removed
- 3 med. carrots, peeled
- juice of ½ lemon (about 1 T.)
- 2 t. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 med. yellow onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16-oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 16-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 T. plus 1 t. curry powder
- 1 T. cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cauliflower and carrots in a roasting pan and drizzle with lemon juice. Roast for 25–30 min. Remove from heat and slice both cauliflower and carrots into bite-sized pieces.
- On the stove, heat a large pan or medium-sized pot over high heat for 2 min. Add oil, then onions. Saute over medium-high heat until tender, or about 5 min. Add garlic and saute for 2–3 more min. Finally, add garbanzo beans and stir for 1 more min.
- Pour in coconut milk and add roasted vegetables. Stir in curry powder. Cook until flavors meld, or about 2–3 more min. Fold
- Serve each portion with ½ c. cooked rice or quinoa, if desired.
Per serving: 299 calories (66 from fat), 6 g total fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrates, 9 g fiber, 36 g sugar, 8 g protein.
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 milk, 2 vegetable, 1 protein, 1 fat.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. VEGAN recipes are prepared without any animal products including fats, milk or eggs. Check the label on each ingredient to make sure the brand you are using does not contain these items in any form.