Prep and cook time: 5 min. Servings: 1
- 1 c. salad greens
- 1 c. mixed vegetables, raw (no corn or peas)
- 2 oz. salmon (packed in water)
- ⅔ c. couscous, cooked
- wedges from 1 medium orange
- 2 T. salad dressing, regular
- Make sure you have all of your prepped ingredients on hand, including the cooked couscous. Meal prepping in advance helps save cooking time during the week!
- Mix the salad greens and vegetables together in a bowl and top with couscous. Drain any extra water from salmon in a pouch (or can) and add to salad with a fork. Add orange wedges. If packing this salad for lunch, keep the salmon and dressing separate from the vegetables, couscous and oranges until it’s time to eat!
Per serving: 520 calories (180 from fat), 21 g total fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 22 g protein.
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 protein, 2 starch, 1 fruit, 2 fat.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!