Prep time: 5 min. Total time: 30 min. Servings: 8 (16 oz.)
- 6 black tea bags
- 6 herbal peach tea bags
- ¾ c. honey
- ¼ c. fresh mint leaves or lemon slices (optional)
- Boil 8 cups of water in a saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Put the tea bags in the water, then cover the pot.
- Steep the tea for at least 8 to 10 minutes (before removing and throwing away the bags).
- Add the honey to the tea. Stir for 1 minute.
- Pour the tea into a pitcher (or eventually into two large jars).
- Add 6 to 8 more cups of water to the tea base until the desired quantity is reached.
- Refrigerate until cold, or even overnight. Tea can also be enjoyed right away over ice.
- Optional final step: Top off with a mint sprig or a slice of lemon for the “full Southern effect”!
Per serving: 70 calories (0 from fat), 0 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 18 g sugar, 0 g protein. Exchange: 1 Other.
GLUTEN-FREE recipes are prepared without any wheat, barley, rye or triticale. A note that while gluten-free ingredients are listed in the recipes, not all packaged versions of these foods are gluten-free. If you are concerned about gluten, always check the label prior to purchasing.
LOW-SODIUM recipes have 140 mg or fewer of sodium.
All exchange values are approximate. When an optional or additional ingredient is offered, exchange values may change.
Previous Recipes of the Month
Members can access all of our great recipes, including our previous Recipes of the Month, by logging onto our members' area recipe page.
Want all of our great recipes? Become a member!